- TALIRI Uyole HQs is based at Uyole, about 12 km from Mbeya City.
- The altitude at the HQs is about 1850 mabsl.
- The institute lies between latitudes 08.92044’ – 08.92011’ S and Longitudes 33.54053’ – 33.53063’ E.
- The Centre renders its services in the Southern Highlands Zone.
- The zone is now comprised of six regions (Iringa, Mbeya, Ruvuma, Rukwa, Katavi and Njombe).
- The Zone is situated between Latitudes 7◦ and 9◦ S and Longitudes 30◦ and 38◦ E
- The altitude varies between 475 and 3000 metres above sea level and the annual rainfall ranges from 600 to 2600 mm per annum.
- Rainfall pattern is unimodal with the rain season starting from October/November to April/May, after which the dry season starts.
- TALIRI Uyole is charged with the following some research mandates:
- Maintenance and distribution of dairy cattle and pigs of high genetic potential to smallholder farmers in the zone
- Devising improved livestock husbandry technologies for different classes of livestock ranging from management systems to post-harvest practices, uses and marketing for smallholder farmers in the zone
- DIRECTOR TALIRI UYOLE
- Address. P.O. BOX 6191 MBEYA
- Tel.No. 025 2510086/0755675847
- Fax No. 025 2510091
- E-mail: email@example.com