To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services for the Institute.
This Unit performs the following activities:-
- Advise the Management on matters pertaining to the procurement of goods and services and logistics management;
- Monitor adherence to procurement process and procedures;
- Develop an annual procurement Plan for the Institute;
- Procure, maintain and manage supplies, materials and services to support the logistical requirements of the Institute;
- Maintain and monitor distribution of Institute supplies and materials;
- Maintain and update inventory of goods, supplies and materials;
- Provide Secretariat services to the Tender Board;
- Set specifications/standards for goods and services procured and monitor adherence to them to ensure value for money; and
- Prepare action plan, progress reports and budgets for the Unit.
This Unit is led by a Principal Supplies Officer.