To provide expertise and services on application of ICT to the Institute.
This Unit performs the following activities:-
- Implement Information Technology (IT) and e-government policy;
- Develop and Coordinate Integrated Information and Communication Technology for the Institute;
- Coordinate and provide support on procurement purchase of software and hardware in the Institute;
- Establish and Coordinate use of Electronic mail communications on Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN);
- Carryout studies and propose areas of using IT as an instrument to improve service delivery to the whole Institute;
- Identify and ensure access to scientific information for livestock research;
- Organize exhibitions on appropriate livestock technologies in collaboration with other stakeholders;
- Produce and disseminate documents such as brochures, articles, newsletters etc. to inform the Public on Research activities and Programmes;
- Establish a reputable Library and access to various publication systems.
- Facilitate technical consultants in livestock research for the Institute; and
- Up-date sectoral research and Institute information in the website;
- Coordinate preparation and production of Institute fact sheets, articles and news papers;
- Advise Divisions, Centres, Sections, Units and other stakeholders on the production of various documents
- Promote TALIRI activities, programs and research innovations;
- Engage in dialogue with the Public as well as media on issues concerning the Institute;
This Unit is led by a Principal Computer Systems Analyst.